Fifth Third Bank

Categories

BANKS

About Us

On June 17, 1858, the Bank of the Ohio Valley opened in Cincinnati. On June 23, 1863, the Third National Bank was organized. On April 29, 1871, Third National Bank came into possession of Bank of the Ohio Valley and by 1882 the bank's capital was around $16 million, considered to be the largest bank capital in the state at the time. In 1888, Queen City National Bank changed its name to Fifth National Bank. The name ''Fifth Third'' is derived from the names of the bank's two predecessor companies, Third National Bank and Fifth National Bank, which merged in 1909.